|Audience||5-15 executives and/or managers|
This 1 day training course is an introduction for executives and/or managers to Continuous Delivery – a delivery method that advocates the creation of an automated Deployment Pipeline to release software rapidly and reliably into production.
The goal of Continuous Delivery is to adopt a holistic end-to-end delivery perspective and optimise cycle time – the average time from code checkin to production release – so that costs are lowered, risks are minimised, and revenues are increased via faster customer feedback. This training course will explain the benefits of incremental releases over big bang releases, the business case for Continuous Delivery, its principles, why an automated Deployment Pipeline is so valuable, and how combining Continuous Delivery with DevOps can deliver success in both startup and enterprise organisations.
In this course, you will learn:
- What Continuous Delivery is, and why it has such a compelling business case
- How the Deployment Pipeline pattern enables a reliable, repeatable automated release mechanism
- How Continuous Delivery depends upon automated configuration, automated infrastructure, continuous testing, and incremental releases
- Why Continuous Delivery needs organisational change, and how DevOps can help
You only need a laptop if you wish to take electronic notes – course and exercise materials are supplied.
This training course comprises 1 day of in-depth discussions and group exercises aimed at CxOs, Development Managers, Operations Managers, Test Managers, etc.
- What is Continuous Delivery
- Discussion: Your Release Process
- Big Bangs are Big Failures
- The Last Mile Problem
- What Is Continuous Delivery
- Principles and Pipeline
- Continuous Delivery Principles
- The Deployment Pipeline
- Work In Small Batches
- Exercise: Isabel’s Issued Invites [Lean Envelopes]
- In The Pipeline
- Automated Configuration
- Automated Infrastructure
- Continuous Testing
- Incremental Release Patterns
- Organisational Change
- Exercise: Percy’s Paper Planes [Lean Aeroplanes]
- The Need For Change
- How To Drive Change
- Discussion: Your Organisation
“Pitched at a great level, good amount of engagement from the course leader and excellent examples”
“Really useful for the discussions between different silos”
“Lots of good examples from the real world”
Aggregated course feedback is as follows (1 = Bad, 5 = Good):
|Was the course material clearly explained by the trainer?||4.6|
|Were the slides clear and helpful?||4.4|
|Was the trainer able to answer all of your questions?||4.5|
|Would you recommend the course to a colleague or friend?||4.6|
To discuss pricing and book this course, please contact us.